After many long, hot hours in the summer sun, we’ve completed phase one of the back porch makeover!
As with most DIY projects, this one took about 3 weeks longer than we had anticipated, but it was well worth the wait. When we started we didn’t have any idea if this project would work. We didn’t even have a blueprint for our “wall”! All we knew is that anything would be an upgrade and that we wanted a more private space.
We took our sad-looking back porch to the next level by using free stuff, ingenuity, perseverance and sweat!
Check out the results of Phase One!
Let’s take stock of the costs so far:
- Pallets: FREE thanks to Martina & Barry
- Dark wood stain: Left over from another project
- Light mint and pink paint samples: Left over from another project
- Teal and Blue paint samples: purchased from Home Depot for $2.96 each. Did you know that you can get any paint as a sample there? I didn’t! LOVE that!
- Plant pots: I had a bunch in my attic
- Plants: FREE from Brendan
- Wooden Futon: FREE! Found on the curb.
- Small aqua children’s chairs: FREE from a friend
As I said earlier, this is phase one of the back porch makeover, so be on the lookout for more back porch DIY projects to come!