I love Halloween. LOVE. Halloween is an inspiring holiday, people. It brings the weird, creative DIY spirit to the forefront! Who doesn’t love creativity? I don’t want to know.
Have you noticed that the classic Halloween Cereal come in vintage packaging? AMAZING! I know that you feel the same way so that’s why I’m sharing the super duper secret recipe for one of my favorite Halloween treats: SPOOKIES!
Ok, so here’s the secret: basically, I make Rice Crispy Treats with seasonal cereal. Why mess with success, right?
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Box of Halloween Cereal like Boo Berry, Frankenberry, Count Chocula, Fruit Brute OR make it META with a combination of your favorites! You’re welcome.
1. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.
2. When melted, add marshmallows 1 cup at a time until melted and gooey.
3. Add a cup of cereal into a large bowl and then our some of the gooey stuff over it.
4. Mix using a spatula adding cereal until all cereal is coated with the butter-marshamallow goo.
5. Using a spatula covered with butter or a piece of wax paper, press the cereal goo into a pan. I used a glass 8 x 6 pan. Use what you have!
6. Let it cool and then cut into squares!
7. Wear your (in this case) Count Chocula Mask and E-A-T like a boss.
Super simple and adorable!